This is the all-important place where the drink is served to the customer. Having gone through the stages of green bean and roasting, this is the moment of truth. There are 4 aspects to what is being served:
- The quality of the coffee and its flavor attributes
- The quality of the water used in brewing
- The equipment used in brewing
- The operator or barista who actually prepares the drink
In addition to being the place where drinks are served, the coffee house is also a business, one that must be managed and monitored. Coffee houses attract customers through reputation and location, but to keep those customers consistency in beverage preparation is important. There should be standards for beverage preparation and items on the menu should correspond roughly to what customers expect.
One of the most challenging aspects in a business is when expansion is necessary or the possibility of another location beckons. This makes consistency and management more challenging. For an article on the challenges that businesses encounter, connect with http://www.tameer.org.pk/images/The_Five_Stages_Of_Small_Business_Growth.pdf.
- Menu development
- Product development for specific coffee uses (espresso, general blends)
- Business plan assistance
- Development expansion parameters (personnel, standards of drink preparation, etc.)